On 16th of February 2021 the partners of #SafeSPORTevent project has gathered online to discuss project activities, administration, implementation and reporting of projects in the field of sports, as well as the opportunities for implementation of activities in regards of the pandemic COVID-19.
#SafeSPORTevent project comes in very challenging times for Europe and the World when the European Commission’s main objective is the safety of all Erasmus+ and European Solidarity Corps participants and far abroad – protection of any further similar challenges that might come in future. As European Commission is working passionately to help in the fight with biosecurity emergencies such as #COVID19, the present project will provide practical scenarious and tools for sport organziations to ensure safety and security protocols, developed with and for sport entities that can ensure the proper reactions of sport managers, organizers and volunteers in case of security emergency.
#SafeSPORTevent main aim is to protect athletes, especially the youngest, from health and safety hazards by improving training and competition conditions and especially during forcemajor security threads that need to be handled by specific security protocols that at this point of development do not exist in sport sector. The project will support the mobility of volunteers, coaches, managers and staff of non-profit sport organisations for educational purposes and will enrich their skills and knowledge for reaction in safety and security situations.
The practical focus of the project is to develop skills and knowledge through educational mobility of sport managers, volunteers and administrators in order to empower them to co-create and use specific protocols for safety and security, tailored for sport events and gatherings of huge groups of people in sport environment. Through increased educational possibilities in the field of safety and security in sport, #SafeSPORTevent project would make positive change in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Greece and Turkey as direct project beneficiaries, but also all over Europe as project deliverables will be freely shared with the sport community.
THE FOLLOWING OUTPUTS WILL BE DEVELOPED TO ACHIEVE THE PROJECT AIMS MENTIONED ABOVE:
• Good practices toolkit edition Safe Sport Event including practical brochures (protocols) for Safe Sport Event that sport organizations can use as guide during the organization of local/national/international sport events and innovative Education Through Sport activities with focus on safety and security (non-formal educational activities);
• Empowered sport managers, administrators and volunteers in 2 European Union, 1 Programme country and 1 Western Balkans country to work focussely for empowerment of safety and security in sport, and especially during sport events;
• Delivered international training Complex security environment and Sport and implemented local training courses as replication of the international TC in order to ensure snowfall effect;
#SafeSPORTevent is co-funded by Erasmus+ Programme of the European Union.
• Coordinator: Bulgaria, Bulgarian sports development association – (www.bulsport.bg)
• Partner 1: Bulgaria, Sofia Security Forum – (www.sofiaforum.bg)
• Partner 2: Turkey, Karasu Gençlik, Sanat ve Spor Kulübu Derneği (www.kargenc.com)
• Partner 3: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bosnian Representative Association for Valuable Opportunities (BRAVO) (https://bravo-bih.com/)
• Partner 4: Greece, ΑΕΤΟΙ ΘΕΣΣΑΛΟΝΙΚΗΣ (www.aetoithessalonikis.gr)